My garden was in full bloom this summer and I had more zucchini then I knew what to do with. I think being overrun with zucchini is a great thing because it means I can freeze most of it to enjoy during the winter in my homemade pasta sauce, but it also means homemade zucchini bread.
I am always looking for delicious ways to substitute gluten containing flours with more gut friendly flours and this recipe nails it! It is also very simple to make and the almond flour makes this bread extremely moist. This recipe is for a mini loaf pan, but to make a bigger loaf just double the recipe.
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 cup fresh grated zucchini
- ½ cup coconut flakes
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons Ceylon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 tablespoons raw local honey
- ¼ teaspoon stevia
- 3 large free range eggs
- Coconut oil to line the loaf pan
- Pre heat the oven to 350 degree F
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, salt, baking soda and spices.
- Add the zucchini, honey, stevia, and eggs and mix all ingredients together.
- With a paper towel, line the loaf pan with a thin layer of coconut oil.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan
- Bake at 350 degree F for 35-45 minutes, after 35 minutes check the loaf with a toothpick to see if it is baked throughout, continue to bake if needed.
- Let cool
If you need a little extra sweetness, you can add a ¼ cup mini chocolate chips, but this zucchini bread is perfect without them.