Winter is harsh on your skin and just like the rest of your body, it needs to be nourished. Coconut oil, cocoa and shea butter add moisture while the peppermint and eucalyptus essential oils add medicinal benefits.
You will want to eat this body butter!
I have really loved using my essential oils to create safe, non-toxic bath and body products. A word of caution though, this smells just like mint chocolate truffles, so try not to eat it before you get a chance to use it. Also, don’t be alarmed if someone tries to lick it off you, yes it smells that good!
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 6 tbsp cocoa butter
- 6 tbsp shea butter
- ½ tsp jojoba oil or hazelnut oil
- 5 drops peppermint oil
- 8 drops eucalyptus oil
- In a double boiler, combine the coconut oil, cocoa butter, and shea butter and melt over very low heat. Be very careful not to add high temperatures to this oil mixture. You will destroy the medicinal properties of it as well as those found in the essential oils.
- I like to use a small sauce pan with a glass bowl to melt the oil, that way I don’t have to transfer them to another bowl.
- Transfer to a medium bowl and add the castor oil, peppermint oil and eucalyptus oil. stir the mixture and place in the fridge for the oils to soften and thicken.
- Once mixture is firm but not hard, remove from the fridge and whip using a hand or stand mixer until fluffy and soft.
- Transfer to mason jars.